Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 large head cauliflower, trimmed into florets
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, divided
I tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
½ cup marinara sauce
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 ounces sliced pepperoni
½ cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
½ cup thinly sliced fennel
¼ cup sliced black olives
garnish with fennel fronds
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine cauliflower florets, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper on a baking sheet pan. Toss until ingredients are well combined and cauliflower is coated.
- Spread in a single layer and bake on the top rack for 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add marinara and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Toss until ingredients are well combined and cauliflower is coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, bell peppers, fennel and olives. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning over top.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with fennel fronds.
Nutrition facts per serving: 340 calories, 14g carbs, 24g fat, 17g protein, 6g fiber, 500mg sodium (25%), 600mg potassium, (high in vitamin C (100%), K (40%) and vitamin B6 (30%))