Steamed Egg Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 egg bites
6- 4 ounce mason jars
1 cup mixed veggies, cooked
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs
½ cup cottage cheese
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup 2% milk
½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Brush each mason jar with melted butter and evenly distribute mixed veggies among each mason jar.
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and milk to a blender.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Evenly, pour egg mixture among 6, 4 ounce mason jars.
- Fill rice cooker with 5 cups water and turn to steam setting. Once water is boiling, insert steam basket and place the 6 mason jars in steam basket.
- Steam for 15 minutes. Eat immediately or allow to cool and cover with lids. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 135 calories, 11g protein, 3g carbs, 9g fat